To use Kurzweil 3000 for Macintosh effectively, you will need a computer and scanner
that meet or exceed the hardware and software requirements listed below:
System Requirements (all clients):
- Minimum G3 processor, running Mac OS 10.4 through 10.8.
- Minimum 128 MB RAM (512 MB RAM for Cepstral voices).
- Minimum 300 MB (500 MB for Cepstral voices).
- DVD drive, keyboard, mouse, speakers, microphone, Internet connection for Read the Web functionality.
- Image Capture-compatible scanner.
- NOTE: Kurzweil 3000 Mac v5 will NOT open native AppleWorks and ClarisWorks files
Additional Web License (only) Requirements:
- Internet connection required for product use.
Kurzweil 3000 does not currently support thin-client based environments as it was not
designed for some of the special requirements of these systems.