Software for At-Risk and Special Education Student Populations
With Kurzweil 3000 you can help all of your students to reach their full potential by providing:
- A single set of tools developed upon the principle of Universal Design for Learning (UDL)
- Access to the same class curriculum material as their peers.
- Support for all Response to Intervention (RtI) tiers of instruction.
- Presents material through a multisensory approach that connects with different learning styles.
- Access to all major digital file formats, online text and printed materials.
- Reading tools: dictionaries, translator, and many more.
- Writing: auditory word processor and spell check, word prediction, brainstorming, outlining tool.
- Study Skills: multiple highlighter options, sticky notes.
Kurzweil 3000: An Integrated Literacy Solution.
, has been changing the lives of students with significant learning disabilities (LD) such as Dyslexia
, Dysgraphia, Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), as well as supporting English Language Learners (ELL)
and those with cognitive ability who lack requisite literacy skills. Kurzweil 3000 is a text-to-speech tool that reads text aloud to students from any digital and print formats allowing struggling students access to more advanced grade-level material while improving word recognition, comprehension and decoding. The goal is to provide every student with the opportunity for academic achievement and success.
Kurzweil Educational Systems™, the leading provider of assistive technology, text-to-speech and literacy software solutions, is committed to serving the needs of at-risk and special education (SpEd). Backed by 30 years of research and a history of developing resources for students who struggle with physical and cognitive challenges, we build life-changing software products.
For more information, contact our sales team
Profile of Bookshare.org member Alex C., a student at Lowville Academy.
"Mom doesn’t always have the time at night to do the reading, so this way he’s able to keep up with his reading and get everything done to keep up. It’s a building block he can use in high school and in college and not feel so dependent on having mom help with homework."
--Kelly C, Mother of a Middle school user of Kurzweil 3000 speaking on her son’s use of Kurzweil 3000 and partner Bookshare.org